Blogging is a good way to make money, grow your business, and develop a relationship with your readers. Did you know if you don't do it right, your blog will not do you any good?
Here are some helpful tips that'll help you make your blog successful.
1. Write your blog posts in the third person. Write as if you were talking to your customers. This will help them see that you are talking to them. When you do this, you'll bring them in and they'll feel like you're having a conversation with them.
2. Make sure each of your posts is content rich. Include a lot of detail and make sure your readers understand what you're talking about and how you're trying to help them. Your posts don't have to be a novel, but a lot of content is good.
3. At the end of your post, ask a question or encourage your readers to make comments. Comments help keep your blog active. They also help build traffic.
4. Each post should be placed in a category. If it's at all possible, you should not have any post in an uncategorized category. Categories make it easier for people to read posts that are related to what they're looking for when they visited your blog.
5. Keywords are important in your blog. They help people find posts they're searching for and that are interesting to them.
6. SEO is important as well. There are several plugins you can add to your WordPress blog that will help you make this process easier. You need to include the title of your post, a brief description, and keywords. This should be done for every post you make.
7. Add a subscription box to your blog. This will allow your readers to stay up to speed with your content. Allow your readers to receive updates via email or their reader.
8. Add your blog posts to the social networking sites you're apart of such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Ning. This will put your post in front of your target market. It will also increase your subscription rate.
Blogging is a great way to share your thoughts and feelings. It's also a good way to stay in front of your target market regularly. When you apply these eight tips you'll have better success with each blog post you make.
About the Author:
Corrie Petersen runs a successful virtual assistant business. She enjoys writing blog posts for clients and helping them manage their blogs. If you're ready for maximum exposure from blog, check out her site at http://www.virtualfreedom4you.com.
Member comments together with Member Names may be used by
SmallBusinessCEOMagazine.com for promotional or other media efforts.
Comments that include profanity, or personal attacks, or antisocial behavior
such as "spamming" or "trolling," or other inappropriate comments or
material will be removed from the site. We will take steps to block users
content that you post.
We invite you to be the first to post a comment regarding this article.